Yup the bball guys match was real exciting, really close and certainly a great match. It's really sad tt we lost coz we could see that the guys tried very hard to come back from behind and steal the lead, only to lose the match eventually.
I was quite surprised tt our class was so enthu in cheering (remb orientation last year?...). Zejia commented tt Meihui was unusually loud, and esther was perpetually screaming. Not to forget Kok chong jumping around and his hysterical cheering. LoL. And of course basketball enthusiasts huimin n diego were also shouting their hearts out. I guess tt's the HC spirit, so contagious you just can't help cheering all out for the sch team. You have to be there to feel it.
Yeah agree tt our cheering and councillors pale in comparison to TJ's. They are much more united and coordinated. In fact quite intimidating and I'm sure tt contributed to their victory as well. I got goosebumps whenever they went "Fight on TJ Fight on...", it sounded so determined and really embodied their unity and never-say-die attitude. Guess our council has to buck up and also come up with new cheers (with actions?).
Our school song was also much softer than TJ's, it sounded meek and subdued in comparison to theirs which they sang with gusto. Well I was seriously wondering if everyone knew the new chinese school song... Nevertheless it was overall a great occasion and I'm glad I was there.
We've lost the game but not our spirit.